NOTE: IF YOU ARE UPDATING FROM <7.0 YOU WILL NEED TO RE-ENTER YOUR THIRD-PARTY APP CREDENTIALS!
THIS IS DUE TO THE REMOVAL OF MCRYPT IN PHP 7.2. FOR MORE INFO, PLEASE CONTACT [email protected]
- General Changelog / Developer Notes
- Accounts, Leads and Opportunities are now listable
- Contacts can now be converted to leads
- A/B testing for campaigns added
- Account, Lead and Opportunity lists can now all be used in campaigns
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Welcome to X2CRM!
X2CRM is a next-generation, open source social sales application for small and
medium sized businesses. X2CRM was designed to streamline contact and sales
actions into one compact blog-style user interface. Add to this contact and
colleague social feeds and sales representatives become smarter and more
effective resulting in increased sales and higher customer satisfaction.
X2CRM is unique in the crowded Customer Relationship Management (CRM) field
with its compact blog-style user interface. Interactive and collaborative tools
which users are already familiar with from social networking sites such as
tagging, pictures, docs, web pages, group chat, discussions boards and rich
mobile and tablet apps are combined within a compact and fast contact sales
management application. Reps are able to make more sales contacts while
leveraging the combined social intelligence of peers enabling them to add more
value to their customer interactions resulting in higher close rates.
Documentation and Support
- A web server that can execute PHP
- A password-protected MySQL database server connection, and a database on
which the user of the connection has full permissions rights (i.e. SELECT,
DROP, CREATE and UPDATE)
- PHP 5.3 or later
- PHP must be run as the same system user that owns the directory where X2CRM
will be installed
- The server must have internet access for automatic updates
- The server must be publicly accessible for web lead capture, service requests
and email tracking to work
X2CRM comes with a requirements check script,
requirements.php (also can be
found in x2engine/protected/components/views), which can be uploaded by itself
to your server. Simply visit the script in your browser to see if your server
will run X2CRM.
- Upload X2CRM to the web directory of your choice. Be sure to set your FTP
client to use binary mode.
- Create a new MySQL database for X2CRM to use
- Browse to the x2engine folder and you will be redirected to the installer.
- Fill out the form, click install, and that's it!
- You are now ready to use X2CRM. If you chose to install Dummy Data, you
will have numerous sample records (i.e. about 1100 contacts) to play with.
Most of the included language packs were produced by copy/paste from Google
Translate. If you have any corrections, suggestions or custom
language packs, please feel free to post them on community.x2crm.com
We greatly appreciate your input for internationalization!
Tips and Tricks
X2CRM is designed to be intuitive, but we have included a few tips and tricks
to get you started!
- To change the background color, menu color, language or any other setting,
click on Profile in the top right and select 'Settings'.
- The admin's settings can be found from the admin page, as well as a variety
of other tools to help you manage the application.
- Contacts are ordered by most recently updated by default, but this can be
changed by clicking on one of the other attributes to sort them differently.
- It is not recommended to use the Import Data function on the admin tab UNLESS
you are importing data that was exported from a prior version. The template
is very finnicky and prone to bugs, so if you do it without using properly
exported data, we take no responsibility for errors.
- The .htaccess file may cause issues on some servers. If you get a
500 Internal Server Error when you try to load the installer, delete the
.htaccess file (the application will still work without it.)
- eAccelerator may cause PHP errors on various pages ("Invalid Opcode"). This
is due to a bug in eAccelerator, and can be fixed by disabling or updating
eAccelerator. Furthermore, eAccelerator causes PHP to fail when using
anonymous functions. In general, it is recommended that you disable
- Version 2 of the API will not work in a web directory that is password-protected.
This is because there can only be one "Auth" header in HTTP requests, and the web
server would in this case require an Auth header distinct from the one required
to authenticate with the API.