A bunch of links to blog posts, articles, videos, etc for learning Rust. Feel free to submit a pull request if you have some links/resources to add. Also, I try to verify that the articles below have some real content (i.e. they aren't 2 paragraph long blog posts with little information) to ensure I'm not listing "fluff" pieces. If you have an idea for a better way to organize these links, please let me know.
Do you want to be convinced that Rust is worth learning? Let us show you the True Nature of the Force.
The main documentation is always the best beginning, so if you haven't read it yet, start by reading the Rust docs. You can also have the ebook versions of the doc here and here.
- :star: Something made by a rust team member.
- :end: Concepts are still useful but code could not compile.
- :soon: Work In Progress.
Table of Contents
- 2021-06-25 - How to learn Rust - Tim McNamara
- 2021-06-01 - A Firehose of Rust, for busy people who know some C++ - Jack O'Connor
- 2020-09-21 - [email protected] Rust Conference - Carol Nichols, Tim McNamara, Maciej Hirsz, Olivia Ifrim, Nell Shamrell-Harrington, Pierre Krieger, Richard Walters, Chris Griffing, Lachezar Lechev, Michael Hausenblas
- 2017-06-20 - :star: Rust: Putting Ownership to Use - Niko Matsakis
- 2017-01-20 - Rust 101 - E. Dunham
- 2016-09-28 - Mozilla's Rust and why we love it - Cambridge Consultants
- 2016-09-25 - :star: into_rust() - Screencasts for learning rust! - Niko Matsakis
- 2016-08-28 - :star: Rust: Safe and Scalable Systems Programming - Alex Crichton
- 2016-06-21 - :star: The History of Rust - Steve Klabnik
- 2015-08-01 - :star: RustCamp 2015
- 2015-06-22 - LambdaConf 2015 - In Rust We Trust - Alex Burkhart
- 2015-06-13 - :star: What Is Rust? - Yehuda Katz
- 2015-04-11 - My Python's a little Rust-y - Dan Callahan
- 2015-03-12 - :star: Stanford Seminar - Aaron Turon
Rust in practice
Best Practices/Style Guides
CI / Testing
Debug / Profiling
Are we ... yet?
Comparison with Other Languages
See repos kud1ing/awesome-rust & awesomo
Can I use feature X? caniuse.rs - Rust feature search
Option & Result
Ownership / Concurrency
This is the official Rust Team and Servo Team
Are you searching for a rustacean? http://www.rustaceans.org/
Do you want to ask a question? Users Forum, Stack Overflow
Do you want to meet them IRL? Meetup groups, Community calendar, Community talks list, RustBridge, Time till Rust
Go to rusty events? The 2018 Rust Event Lineup, The 2019 Rust Event Lineup
Are you looking for a job? RustJobs.rs
Are you fast, friendly, and fearless? Find something Rusty to work on!, Awesome Rust Mentors
Do you want to stay up to date? The official blog, This Week in Rust, This Week in Rust Docs, The official reddit
Do you want to find out why some historical decisions took place? Chronicle.rs
Fearless Rust Bloggers
A complete list could be found here
Don't forget Ferris the unofficial mascot.
Tutorials & Workshop Materials
These are slides and materials from brick-and-mortar workshops about Rust.
While they're unlikely to help a student learning independently, they may be
of interest if you're running a workshop on Rust.